The Visit Together Rules
Please note that we may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version will always be available at visittogether.com/rules.
Content Boundaries and Use of Visit Together
In order to provide the Visit Together service and the ability to communicate and stay connected with others, there are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with Visit Together.
- Trademark : We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others may be permanently suspended.
- Copyright : We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the Terms of Service.
- Graphic content : You may not use pornographic or excessively violent media in your profile image or header image. Visit Together may allow some forms of graphic content When content crosses the line into gratuitous images of death, Visit Together may ask that you remove the content out of respect for the deceased.
- Unlawful use : You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- Misuse of Visit Together badges : You may not use badges, such as but not limited to the promoted or verified Visit Together badge, unless provided by Visit Together. Accounts using these badges as part of profile photos, header photos, or in a way that falsely implies affiliation with Visit Together, may be suspended.
By using the Services, you agree that you will not:
- Use the Service for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by this Agreement.
- Spam, solicit money from or defraud any users.
- Impersonate any person or entity or post any images of another person without his or her permission.
- Bully, stalk, intimidate, harass or defame any person
- Post any Content that violates or infringes anyone's rights, including rights of publicity, privacy, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property or contract right.
- Post any Content that is hate speech, threatening, sexually explicit or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- Post any Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Solicit passwords for any purpose, or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminate another person's personal information without his or her permission.
- Use another user's account.
- Create another account if we have already terminated your account, unless you have our permission.
Visit Together reserves the right to investigate and/ or terminate your account without a refund of any purchases if you have misused the Service or behaved in a way that Visit Together regards as inappropriate or unlawful, including actions or communications that occur off the Service but involve users you meet through the Service.
We believe in freedom of expression and in speaking truth to power, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we do not tolerate behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user's voice.
Any accounts and related accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked and/or subject to permanent suspension.
- Violent threats (direct or indirect) : You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
Harassment : You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- if the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
- Hateful conduct : You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
- Multiple account abuse : Creating multiple accounts with overlapping uses or in order to evade the temporary or permanent suspension of a separate account is not allowed.
- Private information : You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address, or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission. In addition, you may not post intimate photos or videos that were taken or distributed without the subject's consent.
- Impersonation : You may not impersonate others through the Visit Together service in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- Self-harm : You may encounter someone considering suicide or self harm on Visit Together. When we receive reports that a person is threatening suicide or self harm, we may take a number of steps to assist them, such as reaching out to that person expressing our concern and the concern of other users on Visit Together or providing resources such as contact information for our mental health partners.
We strive to protect people on Visit Together from technical abuse and spam. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension.
Username squatting : You may not engage in username squatting. Accounts that are inactive for more than six months may also be removed without further notice. Some of the factors we take into consideration when determining what conduct is considered to be username squatting are:
- the number of accounts created;
- creating accounts for the purpose of preventing others from using those account names;
- creating accounts for the purpose of selling those accounts; and
- using feeds of third-party content to update and maintain accounts under the names of those third parties.
- Invitation spam : You may not use Visit Together's use profile information import to send repeat, mass invitations.
- Selling usernames : You may not buy or sell Visit Together usernames.
- Malware/Phishing : You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person's browser or computer or to compromise a person's privacy.
Spam : You may not use the Visit Together service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes spamming will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming are:
- if your updates consist mainly of links, and not personal updates;
- if a large number of people are blocking you;
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you;
- if you post duplicate content over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account;
- if you join large numbers of groups without actual meeting with people;
- if you add a large number of unrelated users to lists;
- if you repeatedly create false schedules;
- if you are randomly or aggressively join to groups;
- if you repeatedly post same massage to multiple chatrooms;
- if you post misleading links (e.g. affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.);
- if you are creating misleading accounts or account interactions;
- if you are selling or purchasing account;
- if you are using or promoting third-party services or apps that manage automatically manage or create schedules, account and groups;